Founded in 2014 by software developers Evan Duffield and Kyle Hagan, DASH cryptocurrency today has a capitalization of $ 1,077,944,866 million and at a single coin rate of $ 108.50, ranks 36th in the coinmarketcap rating.
What is DASH?
DASH is an abbreviation for “Digital Cash”. The cryptocurrency created on the basis of the X11 algorithm has a two-tier architecture that allows updates to be introduced into the system. Dash is completely anonymous, so all payments cannot be tracked. This is the most convenient and secure network, because it cannot be hacked.
Dash aims to improve Bitcoin (BTC) by providing higher privacy and faster transactions, according to the project’s whitepaper. According to its website, Dash’s goal is “to become the world’s most user-friendly and scalable payment-driven cryptocurrency.”
What makes Dash unique?
- Dash finds real life applications that underpin its growth.
- Dash is the first cryptocurrency with sustainable long-term funding.
- Dash has an efficient management system
Where to buy Dash (DASH)?
As one of the more popular altcoins, Dash can be purchased on most major cryptocurrency exchanges including Binance, Coinbase Pro, Huobi Global, Kraken, and OKEx. It can be traded with fiat currencies, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ether (ETH), and stablecoins such as Tether (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC). It can be bought and sold in both the spot market and the derivatives market. For storing coins after purchase, you can use the Trezor hardware wallet or the Coinomi multicurrency phone wallet.
The Dash price today is $ 108.50 and the 24-hour trading volume is $ 742,708,526. Dash is down 47% in the last 24 hours. It has 9,934,862 DASH coins in circulation and max. delivery of 18.9 million DASH coins.
Currently, the leading exchanges for Dash trading are Binance, ZG.com, Huobi Global, BiKi, and HBTC.
Like any currency, there is a high degree of risk involved if you’re considering investing in Dash. However, given the low price point, it does have the possibility for a high return with low barrier to entry.
Also read: Is It Too Late To Invest In Cryptocurrency?
How To Invest In Dash
- Get a wallet
As with Bitcoin, Dash wallets are different. For a large amount, you should use a hardware wallet, but if you decide to just try, you can get by with an application for a computer or smartphone.
Dash wallets for computers
The easiest way to store and use Dash is with the Electrum Dash Wallet. However, it does not support important functions, including InstantSend and PrivateSend, so it will not be suitable for all users. If you want full functionality, the Dash Core wallet is the best choice, it is available for Mac, Linux and Windows.
Hardware Dash Wallet
For long and safe storage, it is better to use a hardware wallet – they are manufactured by Trezor, KeepKey and Ledger.
Mobile Dash Wallets
There are several wallets for both Android and iOS, and the most popular choice for both platforms is the Jaxx app. In addition, the DashWallet is available for iPhone users, while Hash Engineering Solutions and Coinomi release Dash wallets exclusively for Android.
- Buy Dash
Those who already have bitcoins can simply exchange them for Dash on one of the cryptocurrency exchanges (for example, Changelly or Shapeshift). Anyone who has dealt with cryptocurrencies before will remember how difficult it was to buy bitcoins before. But don’t worry, times are changing and there are already ways to purchase Dash with cash.
Buying Dash Using Bank Transfer
- Here you can buy Dash using Visa cards, Tinkoff Bank, VTB24, Avangard Bank, Promsvyazbank, Sberbank, Alfa Bank and Russian Standard Bank. The system uses three-factor authentication: using an SMS code, an email code and a PIN code.
- BitPanda. Allows you to buy Dash using your credit card, Skrill account, SEPA transfer or SOFORT. Identity verification is required for transactions on Bitpanda, and the purchase limit is relatively low at € 600. BitPanda is only available in Europe.
- Kraken. Another well-known exchange. Kraken allows you to fund your account via bank transfer in dollars or euros and then buy Dash directly.
- AnyCoinDirect. Here Europeans can replenish their account through the SEPA system, and then purchase Dash. It is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in Europe and has a fairly low commission. After verification, it takes about two days to receive Dash.
Exchange bitcoins for Dash
If you already own bitcoins, you can move them to one of the main exchanges and exchange them for Dash with ease.
- Move Dash to wallet
After completing the Dash purchase process, be sure to transfer the coins to your personal wallet. Never leave tokens on the exchange – they can be stolen.
Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of Dash!